Saturday, December 10, 2011

25bb equity theory

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/185/heads-up-sng/25bb-equity-theory-1137632/

In the above thread, the OP's question is what hands should we be calling with first hand in the match at 25bbs against a reg with a given range of small pps of 22-55. One can arrive at the answer with ease through the use of PokerStove or Poker Equilator, but what I found more interesting is the fact that OP believes those are the only hands regs will openshove with pre-flop. I haven't played enough hands yet to know whether this is true or not but if what he says is true then why?

A hypothesis I have is because training videos have taught us that a regs open range first hand in the match is very loose, probably close to 100%, which makes 3-betting very profitable. So for in order for the reg with 22-55 to maximize his equity, he needs to openshove. Last thing he wants to do is raise/call a 3-bet jam with 22-55 and race.

That is the only one I can come up with at the moment. I'm probably missing something but hopefully I can get this straightened out soon.

The thread is an interesting read so for those reading this blog, be sure to check it out. I will most likely look over it a couple of times and maybe pick out some good posts and comment on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment